As anyone who’s been following our StreamJam blog knows, we’ve been hard at work making many updates to our StreamJam Facebook app over the past few month. Some of the highlights:
- >>Branded Virtual Goods: are now for sale during all of our live events, purchasable either by StreamJam Coins (USD$) or StreamJam Cred (points)
- >>Artist Gift Shops: fans can buy gifts for artists during shows to support their live performances
- >>Customized Venues: each event holder has a customized venue with graphics, posters and banners up in the virtual space along with links directing fans to artist sites where they can purchase music and find more artist information.
- >>Invite a Friend: users have the ability to easily invite their friends into the show they are viewing for a unique and immersive shared experience
- >>Animations: many dancing animations have been added to provide a more engaging fan experience
Additionally, we’d like to share two important updates to StreamJam.
Launch of StreamJam Partnership Program
StreamJam is forming partnerships with organizations that have online music communities. We are excited to begin this by announcing our first partnership with The Roving Festival Writer (www.theRFW.com). The RFW is focused on bringing concert attendees noteworthy content included interviews, reviews and first hand experiences documented by a network of fans.
Beginning in November, theRFW is unveiling a new section of their website, TheRFW Sessions, which will contain live streaming video of in-studio musician performances and interview sessions. All RFW Sessions events will be live streamed in StreamJam, and our app will be embedded on the Sessions website at www.theRFW.com/sessions. RFW Session artists will initially include Matt Costa, The Thermals, Shed, A.M. Architect, The Extraodinaires, Media One, Cold Men Young, The Satin Peaches and more.
We’ll be announcing more partnerships in the coming weeks. If you would like to discuss how StreamJam can generate revenue from your website or live events, please contact us at on StreamJam.com.
New StreamJam Capabilities
In addition to all of the features we’ve added to the StreamJam Beta throughout this summer, we’ve recently launched integration with Justin.tv and Livestream.com. We now fully support these streaming video providers in addition to Ustream.
We are still accepting new events in StreamJam during this Beta period, and if you would like to schedule an event please contact us here. We expect to have our fully automated self scheduling event system in place by Q1 2011.
You can always check out the current state of StreamJam at http://apps.facebook.com/streamjam.
Hope to see you in a live event soon!